Thank you for choosing to upload a photo for your student ID. By doing this, you get to choose your own photo and save time when you arrive on campus. The digital photo submission will be used to create your Student ID Card.
The Student ID Card is used to identify you as an Olds College student and indicates that you are entitled to the rights, privileges, and responsibilities of a student. As an Olds College Student, your Student ID card will be required to participate in a number of college activities for a number of college services, such as (but not limited to):
- Library Loans
- Password resets and other IT services
- Accessing Meal Plans at the Dining Hall
- Entry into Campus Buildings and/or specific rooms on campus
- Student Services at the Office of the Registrar
- Fitness Center Membership
- Recreation Programming
- Admission to Broncos home games
- Aquatic Center
- Use of the Test Centre
- Write in-class exams and quizzes (at the Instructor’s discretion)
- Entry to write finals exams
- You may be requested to present your OC ID Card to security
In addition to your Student ID card, your digital photo may be used to generate a profile photo on the Learning Management and/or Student Information Systems in order to create photo-class lists for instructional staff. Your digital photo will be stored locally and can be disposed of at the request of the student or in accordance with Policy A19-Records Management and Disposition.
Guidelines for Submitting Electronic Pictures:
- Your photo must be in a colour .jpg format and less than 2 mb
- Passport photos are a good choice
- Most cell phone camera photos are acceptable
- Cropping is not necessary if you do not have the resources to do so
- Faces must be clearly visible and facing forward – NO profile shots
- We will NOT accept photos with hats, headbands, toques or sunglasses
- No graduation caps, gowns or costumes can be worn
- Your photo must have a neutral background (i.e. a white wall is best)
- Nothing can be touching the face such as hands, trees or graduation certificate
- NO FILTERS, GLAMOUR OR CANDID SHOTS. This photo should be similar to your driver’s license, but we do request that you smile
Olds College reserves the right to disallow inappropriate photos. No advertising or messages are allowed in the identification photos. When sending a photo, keep in mind it is for ID purposes and if you can't imagine the photo on your passport, you should choose to send a different one.
The personal information on this form is collected in compliance with the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. We collect only what is necessary and for the purpose, it was collected. Further, we keep the information only for the length of time necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected.
Public inquiries regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information on this form should be directed to the FOIP Coordinator of Olds College at 4500 - 50 St. Olds, AB T4H 1R6.